Canterbury is a ministry program for college students at Carleton and St. Olaf Colleges, sponsored by All Saints Church.
If you are a St. Olaf or Carleton College student and would like to be on our email list to receive notices of upcoming events, please email your name to canterbury (at) allsaintsnorthfield.org
Canterbury is an officially recognized student organization at both Northfield colleges, Carleton College and St. Olaf College.
Our goal is to complement the programs offered on campus and to feature what is best about the Episcopal Church:
openness to diversity
a spirit of asking questions
affirmation of the gifts & talents of all the baptized, especially young adults
All Saints Sunday service is at 10:30 a.m. and our church community welcomes all who come seeking a place to worship God. We welcome your presence & participation as we share questions and journeys.
St. Olaf students — transportation is available outside Buntrock Commons at 10:15 a.m. (& 9:15 a.m. if you would like to sing in the choir)
Carleton students — we are located just a few blocks from campus; walk down 2nd St, then turn onto Washington St. for 3 blocks.
Examples of Canterbury activities include:
- Chocolate Fest — This is an annual kickoff to Canterbury held in September and has become well known among both campuses as an event not to miss! Parishioners create delicious, decadent chocolate treats for college students to enjoy! Make sure you are on our email list to receive a special invitation to this great event next fall!
- Regular dinner discussions on various topics
- Social justice/service opportunities
- Student transportation to Canterbury events and Sunday services
- Student involvement in the various aspects of parish life at All Saints including: choir, other liturgical ministries, children’s program helpers, outreach and serving on vestry
- Social events for college students like T-shirt tie dying, hayrides, cookouts, etc.
Students choose the level of involvement they would like to have, & come when they can!